Bride to Be’s and Married Agains,
We want nothing more than to look impeccably ravishing for our groom on that Special Day Right?
Planning goes a long way and if you can use an extra pair of hands use the help. I did.
I was at square one like many of you who are preparing for that Big Day! Admidst the numerous dress fittings, packing, and sending dresses back, flipping through bridal magazines, I was searching for that perfect hair stye. I knew what I had envisioned but how could I make that a reality? We decided to exchange nuptials aboard a cruise ship with friends which took some “mental maneuvering”. I needed a protective style that I could wear for my vow renewal and enjoy fun in the sun aboard a cruise ship. This meant i needed all kinds of hair protection from sun, wind, fun, and water, right? I had instant flashes in my mind of hair wreckage (wet tangled, matted hair and before-ceremony woes). So I went to my friend’s salon hoping to draw some inspiration from the hair being styled around me but I was still stumped. I had a limited timeframe as my flight was the next morning so I was short on options. My hairstyle resulted in a flat twist Updo with a hair accessory piece for Flair!
Hair Accessory: I always imagined a feather in my hair the second go round so I used the light ivory brooch and Rhinestone Pearl Feather by Leslie V (second pic below). My husband could not stomach the *Bridal Birdcage Veil.
No problem, I simply removed the feather from the birdcage veil as it had a pin and hair clip and I wore this beloved feather solo. This beautiful piece was EVERYTHING! Don’t be afraid to make adjustments to achieve that look you desire.
Accessory piece details:
- Light Ivory Rhinestone Brooch and Pearl Feather Fascinator
- Approximately 5 x 5 inches with longer feather sprays
- Back of Fascinator has a slide in hair clip and brooch pin closure
- Bridal Birdcage Veil approximately 10 inches top to bottom, 13 inches wide, comb attachment
- Brand: Leslie V
…and here we are on our Special Day!
[2013 10 Year Vow Renewal]
For your special day…
Involve your Hair Stylist
- Plan well in advance Utilize all the time you have to plan ahead. Let your hair stylist know that you are preparing for your Big Day and share your vision for your hairstyle. This will allow time to grow your hair length or plan styles that require color and other treatments needed in advance. Both you and your hairstylist can work together and come to an agreement on availability for these services.
- Action Plan Whether you have months or weeks follow an action plan to ensure that you don’t run out of time. Make your appointments are booked well in advance. Try out styles that you may want to wear on your special day and easily transition to your honeymoon. If you are having a destination or garden/gazebo/outside wedding you may have to contend with weather elements whether they be sun, wind, rain, etc. prepare for backup options to ensure your special day goes off without a hitch, after all there is plenty else to worry about than your special day.
Review your Travel Plan
- Pack Well Ensure you have everything you need for your honeymoon. Gather an assortment of the most essential products for your trip which may include sulfate-free shampoo and clarifying/hydrating conditioners, natural hair oils, and other hair essentials hair just in case these products are not available or costly at your destination. Don’t forget your silk/satin bonnet/pillowcase. Pack travel sized bottles of these products or downsize the bottles by using travel sized bottles to reduce the weight of your luggage. Also, ensure items are sealed and bagged packed away separately from your clothing to avoid spillage or apparel damage. I use organize my items in the portable all in one travel roll up bag. When I arrive at my destination I just roll out and hook on the back of the bathroom door and Voilà! Note: Check airlines for baggage guidelines.
- Destination Weddings/Ceremonies Unless you have a hairstylist awaiting you at your destination, consider selecting a hairstyle that does not set off alarms like hairstyles that require bobby pins or hair pins. For security purposes, airport officials may ask to touch, squeeze or maneuver your hair style to detect and ensure those metal bobby pins are just metal bobby pins. If this is something you’d not like to contend with, I suggest having your style sewed in place or style at your destination.
For more ideas, preview 2014 Wedding Hairstyles!
Cheers to your Special Day,